Coaching is a way of working designed to help a client(s) work out for themselves:
- The outcome(s) they want
- The opportunities and challenges they will have to address
- The resources they will need to obtain and deploy
- The strategies and plans that are right for them in their context.
The intention in all coaching is to draw out and maximise the resourcefulness of the client(s) rather than assuming they need training or telling what to do.
Executive coaching focuses on helping an individual to be at their most effective in the workplace.
The work itself will typically involve one to one sessions that will feel like focused conversations intended to help the client gain new perspectives and insights about themselves and their interactions with others. These will take place within clearly agreed boundaries and provisions regarding confidentiality, for example, and the coach will likely incorporate selected tools to provide objective insights that support the development of new perspectives and understanding.
The work may also include techniques such as role play or other forms of rehearsal to develop relevant skills and behaviours that will facilitate and accelerate shifts in behaviour and performance.
The Benefits for Business Owners & Leaders
Together, these different elements will help you step back, make sense of your experience, take better decisions and implement them successfully.
Key to a coaching approach is that you will be supported to apply the various insights, skills and behaviours to develop and refine your own strategies to meet the challenges you face.
The benefit of coaching is that the solutions are thought through and designed by you and then expressed in your own language - hence they make sense to you and this being the case, you will likely feel more confident that you can implement them naturally.
Planned Ascent equips business owners and leaders to anticipate and respond to the many opportunities and challenges that arise on the path to sustainable growth. Typical examples include:
- Develop your personal leadership style consistent with your values and ambitions
- Improve your influencing skills
- Strengthen your ability to delegate effectively to achieve the outcomes you want
- Build more effective teams
- Manage your personal state and affect on the people who work with and for you
- Create more balanced and productive relationships with key stakeholders
Few if any of the opportunities and challenges you face will exist in isolation and your context will be unique in at least some respects.
This is why our approach is tailor-made to your context, needs and preferences. It will be adapted to best help you:
- Distil the issues that most need your attention
- Design your best approach to resolve them
- Deliver your plans effectively to achieve and sustain the outcomes you want.
See the Why Us section of this website for tools to help you assess the fit between your requirements and our services.