Executive Coaching Explained by Tim Cornell, Founder of Planned Ascent. Read the video script here.
Executive coaching will help you to be at your most effective in the face of challenges and opportunities at work.
Typical focal points for change include:
- Develop your personal leadership style consistent with your values and ambitions
- Improve your influencing skills
- Strengthen your ability to delegate successfully and achieve the outcomes you want
- Build more effective teams from the talent and resources available to you
- Manage your personal state and impact on others
- Create more balanced and productive relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside your organisation
What To Expect
Executive coaching involves one to one conversations, facilitated by an expert coach to achieve specific goals within agreed boundaries.
The primary focus of your coaching sessions will be your mindset and behaviour at work. Specifically, whether they are helping or hindering you in the performance of your role and in achieving the success you want.
In the course of this work, you may identify links between your experience to date and the ways you perceive and respond to different situations. It follows that executive coaching can feel more personal than other professional activities, which can be both challenging and rewarding.
These conversations will take place over an agreed time period within clearly defined boundaries so that all parties know what to expect. With your agreement, we may also use selected tools that provide robust, objective information about yourself and your interactions with others.
One such tool is PROPHET. This provides fast, relevant developmental insights that can significantly improve your performance at work in individual and team contexts, and in the management of pivotal relationships.
The coaching process may also include forms of practice to help you consolidate helpful skills and behaviours. Our professional approach will ensure that your privacy and data are respected and protected at all times.
Executive coaching will help you step back, make sense of your experience, take decisions and implement them.
- You will design approaches to the challenges, events and opportunities you encounter that are right for you in your context, with support and guidance from your coach. As a result, you will feel more confident to adopt and use them as you build your career.
- This can strongly affect your motivation, sense of well-being and performance. All else being equal, we would expect all of these to improve throughout and following your coaching.
How To Get Started
You’ve worked too hard and invested too much not to realise your full potential and enjoy the career you want.
There is no cost to explore your options. Simply book a no obligation, introductory call at a time to suit you.
Alternatively, call us on 0345 222 5618. Or send us a few details and we’ll get back to you within one business day.