Team Coaching Explained by Tim Cornell, Founder of Planned Ascent. Read the video script here.
An effective team requires a collective identity, purpose, vision, goals, structure, operating system and culture.
Some of the challenges we address with our clients and their teams include:
- Create a clearer and shared understanding of your team’s remit and goals
- Strengthen the leadership skills of middle management
- Develop functional teams capable of rigorous and agile delivery of business plans
- Align team culture to the expectations of stakeholders to accelerate commercial outcomes
- Refine team organisation, systems and processes to increase productivity
- Improve collaboration through a shared assessment of team members’ personal styles and preferences
- Equip teams to embrace diversity in order to create new perspectives and closer alignment with evolving business needs.
What To Expect
In team coaching, we will work primarily with the group to develop its collective awareness, capability and potential. We may enhance this by focusing on the specific development needs of individuals, where appropriate.
We will tailor-make our precise approach to your team’s context, needs and preferences as well as those of its stakeholders:
- When we coach existing teams, we capture the unique perspectives of members and stakeholders from the outset. In particular, we are interested in their perceptions of their performance and their experience of any issues affecting this.
- We may also use behavioural profiling in this assessment to generate further insights that may shape our approach and programme.
- If our work involves the creation of a new team, then our focus will be on creating the clearest possible foundations regarding its purpose, vision, goals and ways of working. Once again, behavioural profiling is very helpful in this context.
These various inputs and tools can create quick wins that accelerate change and enhance performance from day one.
Our work together will involve a blend of scheduled sessions and interim contact. It will demand that the team commits time outside the coaching itself to progress the work that flows from it.
We work with leadership and management teams at various levels, as well as those with the potential to succeed them.
Team coaching will enrich your team’s appreciation of how it can best leverage its diversity to mitigate weaknesses, improve performance and deliver the results expected of it.
- Experiencing this feedback and growth can be highly rewarding for everyone involved. Furthermore, it will generate rich insights that will benefit team members in many aspects of their personal and professional lives.
- It will also equip them to share their insights with other teams they are involved with. This will further support their learning and development, and increase your return on investment.
The Why Choose Us section of this website will help you further assess the fit between your requirements and our services.
How To Get Started
You’ve worked hard and made substantial investments to build the teams that you now rely on to deliver results. Make sure this translates into the success and fulfilment that you and they deserve.
There is no cost to explore your options. Book an exploratory call at a time to suit you.
Team Coaching: Exploratory Call
An opportunity to explore how team coaching can help you build a better business.
Alternatively, call us on 0345 222 5618 or send us a few details and we’ll get back to you within one business day.